Seven deserving recipients from the Parkes electorate have received awards in the Australia Day 2019 Honours List, Federal Member Mark Coulton has announced.
“It is with great pride I congratulate each of the recipients from my electorate, who have been nominated by their peers for significant service to their community and industry,” Mr Coulton said.
“These deserving recipients are worthy of our respect, admiration and gratitude for the enormous contribution they make.”
The Parkes electorate recipients are:
• Mr Michael Logan, Narrabri – For significant service to primary industry through rural research and sustainable development programs – AM.
• Mr Laurie Dawson, Coonabarabran – For service to the community, particularly through BlazeAid – OAM.
• Mr Roger Fletcher, Dubbo – For service to primary industry – OAM.
• Mr Ralph Naden, Balladoran – For service to the Indigenous community of Western New South Wales – OAM.
• Ms Susan Price, Mungindi – For service to local government, and to the community of Mungindi – OAM.
• Mrs Rhonda Richardson, Trangie – For service to the community of Trangie – OAM.
• Mr Gordon Heckendorf, Narromine – Australian Fire Service Medal.
The Governor-General and Chancellor of the Order of Australia, His Excellency General the Honourable Sir Peter Cosgrove AK MC (Retd), today announced 1400 awards in the Australia Day 2019 Honours List.
“On behalf of all Australians I congratulate recipients of Australia Day Honours,” the Governor-General said.
“Today’s recipients come from right across the country and from all walks of life. While some are well-known, the majority are unsung heroes.
“Their contributions are diverse yet there is a unifying theme: they have dedicated themselves to service. They have worked tirelessly for others, to improve local communities and to make Australia a better place.”
The Australia Day 2019 list is the largest in the history of the Order of Australia – recognising 1127 outstanding and inspirational Australians. A full list of recipients is available at www.gg.gov.au.